THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
SIMPLY TAKE BACK YOUR TIME ("PROMOTION") OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY ("JUDGES"), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or "step") of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time ("CT") on April 16, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 9, 2018 ("Promotion Period"). The time clock of the Promotion administrator is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, purchase any specially-marked bag of Simply Lay's® Barbecue Flavored Thick Cut Potato Chips (8.25 oz.); Simply Tostitos® Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (8.25 oz.); Simply Doritos® White Cheddar Tortilla Chips (7.5 oz.); Simply Cheetos® Puffs White Cheddar Snacks (8 oz.); Crunch and Pop Mix (18 individual bags, 1 oz. each, total net wt. 18 oz.); or Purely Delicious Mix (18 individual bags: 1 oz. each, total net wt. 18 oz.) and look for a unique twelve (12)-digit alphanumeric code located on the back panel of the bag (each a "Bag Code"), while supplies last. To obtain a free Bag Code, send a 3" x 5" card or piece of paper with your full name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, and email address, to be received by June 5, 2018, to: Simply Take Back Your Time Bag Code Request, PO Box 760006, Dept. 865-7002, El Paso, TX 88576-0006. Bag Code will be emailed to the email address listed on the 3" x 5" card or piece of paper. Limit one (1) free Bag Code per request per stamped-outer envelope. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or its agencies for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, unintelligible or undelivered mail or Bag Code Requests or Bag Codes.
During the Promotion Period and upon obtaining a Bag Code, visit SimplyTakeBackYourTime.com ("Web Site") to input the Bag Code and follow instructions to play for a chance to win a prize (a "Play"). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of a prize. Randomly selected times, during the Promotion Period, will be chosen by the Judges, and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Promotion Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). Prizes will be randomly seeded at a rate of one (1) per every half hour for the duration of the Promotion Period. All Plays must be properly received and recorded within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received per half hour.
Limit five (5) Plays per person/email address per day. A "day" is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT.
Data rates may apply if submitting a Play with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider's network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
All participants must have a valid email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Plays and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified, all Plays will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for submitting Play(s). "Registered owner" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: Prizes shall be randomly seeded at a rate of one (1) per half hour throughout the Promotion Period.
First Prizes (100): Postmates Unlimited Promotion Code good for deliveries for one (1) year. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $120.00 each. (If winner does not live in an area where Postmates delivers, he/she will receive a digital assistant device in lieu of the above-stated First Prize. ARV: $120.00 each.)
Second Prizes (350): $20.00 Postmates Gift Card Code (subject to terms and https://about.postmates.com/legal/gift-cards). ARV: $20.00 each. (If winner does not live in an area where Postmates delivers, he/she will receive a wireless tracker in lieu of the above-stated Second Prize. ARV: $20.00 each.)
Third Prizes (1,666): Postmates Unlimited Promotion Code good for deliveries for one (1) month. / ARV: $10.00. (If winner does not live in an area where Postmates delivers, he/she will receive a portable phone charger in lieu of the above-stated Third Prize. ARV: $10.00.)
Fourth Prizes (500): Postmates Promotion Code good for one (1) free Postmates delivery. ARV: $5.00 each. (If winner does not live in an area where Postmates delivers, he/she will receive a $5.00 pre-paid debit card [subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer] in lieu of the above-stated Fourth Prize (awarded in the form of a code via email).
Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Total ARV of all prizes is $38,160.00. Limit three (3) prizes per person/email address/household.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of the Web Site used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile device resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES' NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents, if any. Potential winners will be notified instantly with a prize-winning message (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules) during their online session at the Web Site. The prize-winning message will also include instructions on how to claim the prize (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). Winners (or parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address. If (i) winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the prize-winning email, (ii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days (if any), (iii) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (iv) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the applicable prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be emailed or shipped (depending on prize) within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. If any prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants (or parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) agree (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor or Promotion Parties and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
By accepting a prize, recipients (or parent or legal guardian if recipient is an eligible minor) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability, including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor's authority, the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
8. DISCLAIMER: Bag Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Bag Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Bag Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Bag Code, while supplies last. Bag Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Bag Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
No more than stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that a programming, production, seeding or printing error or any other reason causes more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except as stated in these Official Rules or at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer's standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the process of submitting a Play, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 9, 2018 to: Simply Take Back Your Time Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 865-7002, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2018 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.